- The Ministry of Education has informed the Board that it will be receiving funding under the 2020 - 2021 Priorities and Partnerships Fund for the PRO Grant. The PRO Grant program provides funding to district school boards and to school authorities to lead projects with a focus on the identification and the removal of barriers that prevent parents and families from participating and from engaging fully in their children's learning;
- TDSB was allocated $131, 563.00 for projects that demonstrate a commitment to respecting the role of parents in students’ educational experiences. All funds must be spent and reported to the Ministry by August 21, 2021;
2020 – 2021 PROGrant Successful Applicants
May Interim Report
Final Report Form – The final report is due, no later than Friday, June 25th, 2021. As per Ministry guidelines, all unspent funds will be removed from the school’s budget on Tuesday, June 29th, 2021 for Ministry reporting. All invoices/expenses must have a Goods Receipt generated prior to Friday, June 25th, 2021 if it is to be charged to the PROGrant funds.
Funds will be allocated to support the following initiatives:
- School Council Anti-Black Racism, anti-Indigenous and anti-oppression application initiatives ($52,500 @ $1,500/School Council);
- Virtual Parent/Caregiver engagement tools and supports ($20,000);
- Conversation Series 2.0 - Going Deeper ($35,000);
- Enhanced Multi-lingual Supports ($24,063).
School Council Anti-Oppression, Anti-Black Racism, Anti-Indigenous Application
School Councils may submit one request for supports up to $1,500 to support initiatives/activities that engage parents/caregivers (including virtual), and builds School Councils’ capacity around Human Rights, Equity, Anti-Racism, Anti-Indigenous and Anti-Black Racism. School Councils may collaborate and submit one application, however allocation will remain at a maximum of $1,500 per school.
Click here to find a listing of approved presenters for your initiatives.