The Toronto District School Board is creating a Qualified Applicants’ Pool (QAP) for Superintendents. We are seeking high performance educators and leaders with demonstrated knowledge, skills and resources to ensure that anti-oppressive and equitable practices to support student learning and well-being, effective instruction and service excellence are in place throughout the district. Successful Supervisory Officers in the TDSB develop and maintain high levels of engagement with trustees providing support to the Board to govern in a manner that is responsive to its entire community.
The Toronto District School Board serves over 250 000 Kindergarten to Grade 12 students and over 150 000 Continuing Education learners. Our mission is to enable all students to reach high levels of achievement and well-being while acquiring the knowledge, skills and values they need to become responsible, contributing members of a democratic and sustainable society. Through our emphasis on shared leadership and academic optimism, we are creating an enhanced learning culture where knowledgeable and engaged staff can, while ensuring that all students are successful, change the trajectory for our most vulnerable students.
Interested candidates were invited to attend an Information Session with Associate Directors Colleen Russell-Rawlins and Kathy Witherow as well as Executive Superintendent Andrew Gold that served to communicate leadership priorities and guiding principles on Monday, March 9, 2020 at 4:30PM at the Toronto District School Board, 5050 Yonge Street. To view the presentation that was delivered at the session, pleaseclick here.
Since that time, with the Ministerial Order to close schools, adjustments have been made. More specifically, the following date changes should be noted:
- Notices of Intent are now due on Monday, April 21 at 4:00PM (previously Monday, March 23)
- Candidates will now be notified if their Notice of Intent will be endorsed by Tuesday, April 28 at 4:00PM (previously Friday, March 27)
- Candidates who are endorsed by their immediate Superintendent/Supervisor and the Executive Superintendent (or equivalent position) will provide required materials by Friday, May 8 at 4:00PM (previously Tuesday, April 7)
- May 20 or 21 - Dialogues take place, Reference Checks (including Resume Validation) ongoing (previously the week of Tuesday, April 21)
- June 8-12 - Formal interviews (previously May 11-15)
- June 17- Board Approval (previously May Board)
- All applicants should hold a valid Supervisory Officer’s Certificate. (Candidates currently enrolled and completing the Supervisory Officer Qualifications’ Program may apply)
- Candidates must submit an initial Notice of Intent (Appendix E), a subsequent Confirmation of Intent (Appendix F), Letter of Application, Resume, Recommended Referees Form (to include their Immediate Supervisory Officer/Supervisor) (Appendix G), and a recent performance appraisal (if available).
- Resumes should highlight the candidate’s demonstrated experiences and competencies relevant to the goals of the Board as set in the Multi-Year Strategic Plan, the Ontario Leadership Framework and TDSB’s Equity Leadership Competencies
- The selection/interview process for candidates is set in Policy(P055), PR516 Section 6.1 outlines the specific steps
- External candidates will have their Notice of Intent (Appendix E) signed by their Immediate Superintendent/Supervisor, their subsequent Confirmation of Intent (Appendix F) will be endorsed by their Immediate Supervisor and a TDSB Executive Superintendent (or equivalent)
- Successful candidates may remain in the QAP for a period of three years.
Please submit the Notice of Intent (Appendix E) to apply by Monday, April 21, 2020 at 4:00 pm to Ann Reina, Executive Assistant to Andrew Gold, Executive Superintendent of Employee Services at Ann.Reina@tdsb.on.ca with a copy to your immediate superintendent/supervisor. All materials related to this process can be found at the following link on the Toronto District School Board website https://www.tdsb.on.ca/About-Us/Employment/Leadership/Senior-Team
All subsequent supporting documents including:
- Endorsed Confirmation of Intent by the immediate superintendent/supervisor and the Learning Centre Executive Superintendent (or equivalent) (Appendix F)
- Letter of application
- Recent performance appraisal (if available) and
- Recommended Referee Form (Appendix G)
will be forwarded to Ann Reina, Executive Assistant to Andrew Gold, Executive Superintendent of Employee Services at Ann.Reina@tdsb.on.ca by Friday, May 8, 2020 at 4:00PM