The TDSB’s Equity Policy Community Advisory Committee (EPCAC) is looking for parents and community members from to join the committee.
EPCAC provides advice to the TDSB on matters concerning the implementation of the Equity Policy. It also identifies issues of broad community interest regarding equity in education, for the consideration of the TDSB and staff. The committee is comprised of representatives of recognized equity seeking groups across Toronto with an interest in public education, representatives from recognized Community Liaison Groups, parent members, designated TDSB staff and trustees appointed by the Board.
- Parent/Guardian/caregivers of a current pupil who is enrolled in the TDSB and from various equity seeking communities
- Community representatives from various and separate, equity advocacy organizations and/or alliances and social planning groups that reflect the TDSB’s Equity Policy commitments and promote as part of their core mission anti-oppression and equity for one or more of the following communities:
- persons with disabilities
- racial and ethno-cultural
- gender identity and gender expression
- sexual orientation
- any other communities identified by TDSB Equity Policy or the Ontario Human Rights Code.
The term of office for community and parent representatives of the community advisory committee will be two (2) years; this term will be renewable.
Meetings are usually held on the fourth Monday of the month from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm.
For those interested, please complete the application form and return it to email@example.com by March 26, 2021.