The Toronto District School Board is pleased to announce the newly elected members of Student Senate for the 2020-21 school year:
- President - Evan Woo, Earl Haig SS
- Vice-President - Yi Lin, Dr. Norman Bethune
- Secretary/Treasurer - Jessica Yuan, York Mills CI
- Communications Officer - Simeon Xiao, Lawrence Park CI
- Conference Chair- Jason Wong, Earl Haig SS
- LC1 Co-Chair - Helen Ziomecki, Glen View Senior Public
- LC1 Co-Chair - Zina Kittaneh, Bloordale MS
- LC2 Co-Chair - Anita Du, Earl Haig SS
- LC2 Co-Chair - Shafiya Khan, Earl Haig SS
- LC3 Co-Chair - Zain Khurram, Sir Wilfrid Laurier
- LC3 Co-Chair- Tahir Syed, Sir Wilfrid Laurier
- LC4 Co-Chair - Audrey Platteel, Glen Ames PS
- LC4 Co-Chair - Lisa Doan, Etobicoke School of the Arts
On January 27 and 28, students from across the system participated in an online election. Students were encouraged to watch the campaign videos submitted by each candidate to ensure informed decisions were made when voting. This modern, electronic way of voting resulted in about 3000 votes, which is a major increase in participation from when student elections were held in-person.
Please note that this election was delayed due to the pandemic and was held separately from the election of Student Trustees. For a full list of Student Senate members, including Student Trustees, please visit www.tdsb.on.ca/high-school/tdsb-student-senate.