Every day, we see excellence in our system. It happens in classrooms, schools, offices and work sites and it is in all 40,000 TDSB staff members who share a common goal: to help our students achieve their very best.
The Excellence Awards recognize outstanding staff achievement. Each year, staff, students, parents and community members are invited to nominate a TDSB staff member or team whose efforts that have made a difference in their lives. This year, we recognized 10 extraordinary individuals who truly go above and beyond to allow our school communities to thrive. And the support, engagement, encouragement and spirit they provide fuels our community and is an inspiration to all those they meet and work with.
This year’s recipients reflect the wide scope of the TDSB, demonstrating how every staff member has an impact on students, staff and the TDSB community. Outstanding staff were honoured at the 2019 Excellence Awards recognition event on May 23, 2019.
It’s important that we recognize the great work of our outstanding staff across the system. Recognizing our staff not only celebrates their accomplishments and efforts, it inspires others to excel in their own roles. Visit our website to learn more about this year’s Excellence Award winners.
Congratulations to all the winners!
Excellence Winners 2019
- Remy Basu - Assistant Curriculum Leader, Newtonbrook Secondary School
- Sally Bliss - Assistant Curriculum Leader, Greenwood Secondary School
- Cheryl Breton - Lunchroom Supervisor at Kew Beach Junior Public School
- Barb Colterman - Teacher, Secondary-Central-DDISP, Georges Vanier Secondary School
- Paul Edwards - Principal, Secondary, Runnymede Collegiate Institute
- Mitchell Feinman - Teacher, Elementary, Gulfstream Public School
- Alana Grossman - Principal, Elementary, Beverley Public School
- David Servos - Assistant Curriculum Leader, Secondary, Eastdale Collegiate Institute
- Peter Singh - Executive Officer, Information Technology and Information Management
- Jocelynn Smith - Community Support Worker, LC 3 Model Schools for Inner City
- Shafin Devji – Assistant Curriculum Leader, Georges Vanier Secondary School