June is Pride Month 2018at the TDSB! It’s an opportunity to celebrate diversity and raise awareness among all staff and students about the rich culture and history of our LGBTQ community.
Here are some of the things we’re doing in TDSB to recognize Pride Month 2018:
- Sharing curriculum resources with all schools
- Encouraging all schools to raise the Pride flag on their flag pole or hang in the school
- Join the Pride flag raising at 5050 Yonge at 4 pm on Wednesday, June 6 – Everyone is welcome!
- Celebrating the winners of the Director’s Gay-Straight Alliance Awards (applications remain open until June 8th)
- Participating in the city’s Toronto PRIDE 2018 Parade on Sunday, June 24 – Everyone is welcome!
- TDSB folks will gather in Asquith Green Park (west side of Church St, 1 block north of Bloor) between 12:00 and 1:00 PM.
- We’ll be there to meet you, hand out the TDSB Pride T-shirts, and direct you to the right staging/mustering location. (Pride organizers will let us know TDSB’s assigned mustering locations a couple days before the Parade.)
- You'll have the option of joining the TDSB marching contingent or riding on the TDSB float. As well, a vehicle will be available for those who may require it.
- The Parade will begin moving from Yonge and Bloor at 2:00 pm, and will conclude at Yonge and Dundas at 6:00 pm.
- Follow all the fun live on Parade day via Twitter (#PrideTDSB).
Please visit www.tdsb.on.ca/pride to learn more about these activities and find out how you can get involved. Follow and join in the conversation on Twitter, #PrideTDSB!