The Toronto District School Board – Community Services Unit is beginning to reopen its programs’ doors to the public. Many are open on an appointment-only basis and several programs will introduce a blended format of virtual and in-class learning. All program sites are strictly following and enforcing protocols and processes to ensure a safe delivery of our community programs.
Below are more details for each program reopening.
These are the COVID-19 protocols set in place at every program site to ensure a safe reopening:
- All Toronto District School Board policies and protocols for health and safety will be followed.
- All Community Services staff will conduct self-assessments for COVID-19 signs and symptoms daily. Staff who show any signs or symptoms will stay home.
- All staff are required to wear a medical mask, minimum Level 1 government standard, at all times while indoors, as well as a face shield and other personal protective equipment as appropriate.
- All staff, visitors, and program participants on-site will conduct a self-assesment before entering, follow physical distancing requirements, including following all directional arrows, waiting points, and signage.
- HEPA air ventilation units in every program site.
- Deep cleaning prior to reopening and receive thorough cleaning regularly thereafter.
- Hand sanitizers available at every program site.
- Programs are offering virtual and phone services where possible.
As provincial and federal governments and the Toronto District School Board develop guidelines and policies for a safe reopening, the Community Services unit will adjust and shift its operations to abide by Board and government policies and protocols.
For more information on any one of our programs, please visit tdsb.on.ca/communityservices and navigate to each program page and contact our teams.