While this year is definitely a little different, let’s get cozy and try to appreciate what the winter season has to offer. There are lots of great activities to enjoy, both indoors and out, and it may be an opportunity to explore new places or try new experiences or activities.
This year, it will be important that we:
- Anticipate, plan for, and talk together about how things are different
- Focus on what gives you and your family joy and meaning
- Focus on the positive - and what you can do
- Take care of ourselves and reach out for help if needed
- Invite family members to use their imaginations, get lost in a book, try a new game, or make the most of the winter weather
- Create opportunities to connect with others through virtual meets, walks in nature, telephone conversations, sending cards/letters
- Show gratitude to ourselves and others - giving and receiving thanks helps everyone feel better
- Respect and support health guidelines for the good of us all
Read our whole Winter Well-Being Guide, which includes lots of great mental health and well-being resources, services and more, including lots of safe ways to stay busy and active.
Here are some tips to get you started:
Winter Programming/Activities in the City for Families
Health and Physical Education Resources
Stay at Home Activities