The TDSB offers SWAC in partnership with four GTA colleges (Centennial, George Brown, Humber and Seneca College).
This program offers students between the ages of 17-20 the opportunity to earn secondary school credits and two
college-delivered Dual Credits on a college campus, which also count towards their OSSD and college transcript.
The current SWAC program for the 2020-2021 school year will not be on the college campuses, as those are
currently closed due to COVID. Therefore, the program sites have been relocated to our board sites. Students
have the opportunity to participate in a hybrid model (in person/online) or completely virtual (all
The primary focus of the SWAC program is to support students who are disengaged and underachieving
with the potential to succeed in an adult learning environment.
- Must be between the ages of 17-20, in grades 12/12+
- Should have completed at least 22-25 credits
- Completed OSSLT or attempted OSSLC
- Must be in a position to recover credits in a SWAC Credit Recovery classroom to support a future application
- In a graduating position by June
- Demonstrates evidence of independent learning skills
- Preparing for transition to post-secondary
All interested students are encouraged to make an appointment with their guidance counsellor to discuss the above
criteria and this exciting opportunity!
- FREE TTC metropass for all participating students
- FREE nutrition program on each campus
- Free tuition, supplies, textbooks, excursions, and a college student ID card
- Access to college services, including; libraries, tutoring, counselling, and accessibility services
- CPR & First Aid Training
For more information about SWAC programs, please contact:
Amanda St.Louis, Coordinator of Student Success, Dual Credit, SWAC & Learning
Eric Lawrence, Centrally Assigned Dual Credit Teacher:
SWAC Program Overview
Dual Credits & SWAC page