Homework Tips and Resources
Parents/guardians are a key part of finding homework success. Some tips on what you can do to support your child include:
- Set a time for homework and provide a quiet space away from distractions
- Practice math, reading and writing daily and encourage your child to help you read and write everyday items such as recipes, newspapers or shopping lists
- Show interest and talk about what happened at school
- Praise and encourage your child to ask for help when needed
- Keep in touch with teachers and ask about completed homework
Looking for extra help with homework? All TDSB schools offer programs, peer tutors, or homework clubs for parents and students to access. For information about what’s happening at your school, talk to your child’s teacher and/or principal.
Home Study Activities
We have English and Math learning activities for students in grades 1 to 8. Activities provide three days of lessons and are available to parents and students online.