Program Area Review
A new Yonge-Eglinton Phase 2 Program Area Review Team has been established to continue looking at accommodation solutions to address overcrowding at Eglinton Jr PS, and will include consideration of the Bannockburn building to resolve ongoing accommodation pressures in the Yonge-Eglinton area. A previous review team was established in early 2019, but was paused in April 2019 after changes were announced by the Province affecting secondary school class sizes and funding. At the same time, a system-wide French Review and a Secondary Program Review were being undertaken. Directives coming out of those system reviews have now been incorporated into staff’s work to address the accommodation pressures impacting local schools in this area.
A webpage has been set-up to provide more information about this review: https://sites.google.com/tdsb.on.ca/yonge-eglintonpartphase2/home
- The Program Area Review Team (PART) has develop its recommendations, the final PART report is available under Helpful Information.
- TDSB staff will review the PART’s recommendations and will write a staff report with its own recommendations, which may or may not be the same as those developed by the PART. (The PART report is attached to the staff report.)
- TDSB staff will present a report with their recommendations to the Board’s Planning and Priorities Committee on Wednesday, June 23 at 4:30 p.m. The meeting will be held virtually and can be accessed through on.ca
- If you would like to share your thoughts in person with Trustees at the committee meeting or in writing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org 4:00 p.m., on Monday, June 21, 2021. For more information, please go to ca/boardroomand click on Delegations.
- The staff report will be included in the Planning and Priorities agenda and posted online by Friday, June 18, 2021 at http://www.tdsb.on.ca/Leadership/Boardroom/Agenda-Minutes
- The Planning and Priorities recommendations regarding the Program Area Review will be presented to the Board of Trusteesat a meeting on Wednesday, June 30, 2021. Where the Board will make the final decisions about the schools in the review.
|Trustee, Ward 11: Rachel Chernos Lin||Trustee, Ward 8: Shelley Laskin
|Superintendent: Andrew Howard||Superintendent: Ron Felsen
|Administrative Liaison: Noreen Sills (416-394-2034)||Administrative Liaison: James Jarrett (416-396-9182)
Meeting(s) - Community Engagement