The Jean Augustine Girls' Leadership Academy – geared for students in grades 4 to 8 – offers academic and extracurricular choices that encourage students to be tomorrow's leaders. Students learn to think critically about community and global issues. A strong focus on building individual confidence through mentorship provides girls with the tools they need to effectively navigate their world and achieve academic success.
In the Girls' Leadership Academy, students:
- Learn to think critically about global issues that affect women in the community and around the world
- Explore leadership opportunities and connect with positive role models and mentors in a variety of situations
- Engage in learning through technology for creation, communication and collaboration
- Participate in daily physical activity that promotes healthy living, performance arts, math and science
- Become advocates for local community issues and contribute to their school and community with a focus on service and social justice
Students contribute to their communities not only inside the classroom where social justice, leadership and community service are front and centre, but also outside in their community. They benefit from personal mentorship and graduate with valuable relationships with local universities, colleges, seniors' groups and businesses.
Students are part of a culture that balances academic excellence with personal leadership, character development and innovation.
The Jean Augustine Girls' Leadership Academy is located within Highland Heights Junior Public School, 35 Glendower Circuit, Scarborough.