Who You Are
A TDSB student in Grade 7 to 11 with an understanding of, and commitment to, addressing racism, hate and all forms of discrimination.
What You Bring
You should bring a passion and enthusiasm for collaborative problem-solving, idea generation and change.
Some things you may have done include:
- Providing leadership in promoting culturally responsive and anti-racist practices in school-based initiatives
- Working collaboratively with peers and school personnel to further change
- Recognizing and acting to prevent occurrences of racism and hate
- Identifying and encouraging the use of human rights education within school and community-based initiatives
No formal leadership experience (e.g. Student Councils, Student Senate) is required.
Is this you? Will you join us? Apply now to be part of the solution.
Be creative! Your proposal can be any format -- video, audio, TikTok, document -- and should be reflective of you. Some things to include:
- A description of your personal perspectives/daily lived experiences and commitment to anti-racism and anti-hate.
- An overview of anti-racist school-based and community leadership experiences.
- Two references from TDSB staff or community leaders describing your work within anti-racism and anti-hate initiatives.
Submissions will be accepted until Friday, February 11, 2022 at 4 p.m.