This web page displays only vacant positions for which we welcome applications from interested and qualified candidates.
Application instructions and job requirements are listed in the posting; please consider the educational requirements before applying and note required educational qualifications. Only applicants who hold the specified qualifications and who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Toronto District School Board adheres to equitable hiring and employment practices.
Please include the title of the position and job competition number (if noted) for which you are applying in your covering letter and resume.
The TDSB is dedicated to the achievement and well-being of each student. Every day, staff members in its 584 schools across the city are privileged to serve students and families of communities as richly diverse and inspiring as any in the world.
Superintendent of Education/Supervisory Officer Qualified Applicants’ Pool 2020-2021
The Toronto District School Board is creating a Qualified Applicants’ Pool (QAP) for Superintendents. We are seeking high performance educators and leaders with demonstrated knowledge, skills and resources to ensure that anti-oppressive and equitable practices to support student learning and well-being, effective instruction and service excellence are in place throughout the district. Successful Supervisory Officers in the TDSB develop and maintain high levels of engagement with trustees providing support to the Board to govern in a manner that is responsive to its entire community.
The Toronto District School Board serves over 250 000 Kindergarten to Grade 12 students and over 150,000 Continuing Education learners. Our mission is to enable all students to reach high levels of achievement and well-being while acquiring the knowledge, skills and values they need to become responsible, contributing members of a democratic and sustainable society. Through our emphasis on shared leadership and academic optimism, we are creating an enhanced learning culture where knowledgeable and engaged staff can, while ensuring that all students are successful, change the trajectory for our most vulnerable students.
Interested candidates were invited to attend a Virtual Information Session with System Superintendent Audley Salmon that will serve to communicate leadership priorities and guiding principles on Monday, November 30, 2020 at 4:30 pm. To view the presentation that was delivered at the session please click here.
Candidates external to TDSB may contact Ann Reina to register via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 416-397-3726.
- All applicants should hold a valid Supervisory Officer’s Certificate. (Candidates currently enrolled and completing the Supervisory Officer Qualifications’ Program may apply)
- Candidates must submit an initial Notice of Intent (Appendix E), a subsequent Confirmation of Intent (Appendix F), Letter of Application, Resume, Recommended Referees Form (to include their Immediate Supervisory Officer/Supervisor) (Appendix G), and a recent performance appraisal (if available).
- Resumes should highlight the candidate’s demonstrated experiences and competencies relevant to the goals of the Board as set in the Multi-Year Strategic Plan, the Ontario Leadership Framework and TDSB’s Equity Leadership Competencies
- The selection/interview process for candidates is set in Policy(P055), PR516 Section 6.1 outlines the specific steps
- External candidates will have their Notice of Intent (Appendix E) signed by their Immediate Superintendent/Supervisor, their subsequent Confirmation of Intent (Appendix F) will be endorsed by their Immediate Supervisor and a TDSB Executive Superintendent (or equivalent)
- Successful candidates may remain in the QAP for a period of three years.
Please submit the Notice of Intent (Appendix E) to apply by December 7, 2020 at 4:00 pm to Ann Reina, Executive Assistant to Audley Salmon, System Superintendent of Employee Services at Ann.Reina@tdsb.on.ca with a copy to your immediate superintendent/supervisor. All materials related to this process can be found here on the Toronto District School Board website
All subsequent supporting documents including:
- Endorsed Confirmation of Intent by the immediate superintendent/supervisor and the Learning Centre Executive Superintendent (or equivalent) (Appendix F)
- Letter of application
- Recent performance appraisal (if available) and
- Recommended Referee Form (Appendix G)
will be forwarded to Ann Reina, Executive Assistant to Audley Salmon, System Superintendent of Employee Services at Ann.Reina@tdsb.on.ca by February 22, 2021 at 4:00PM