tdsbCREATES School-Based Celebrations, April-May 2017
All schools are encouraged to participate in tdsbCREATES! How will you inspire creativity in your school? Here are just a few suggestions:
- Drop everything and make art for a day.
- Invite a local community artist into your school or classroom.
- Take a photo of the arts in action.
- View an Arts video and share your reflections.
- Make a short video. Answer the question, “Why do you create?” and send it to tdsbCREATES@tdsb.on.ca to be posted on the Arts Department Website, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Take a sketching trip in your school or neighbourhood.
- Brainstorm careers, professions and roles in the arts.
- Create a dance by interpreting a poem using original choreography.
- Go on a gallery walk to appreciate art in your school or neighbourhood.
- Dramatize a new ending to a favourite story.
- Retell a story or perform a dramatic monologue in the role of your favourite character.
- Discover and discuss examples of drama, dance, visual arts, media arts, and design in our everyday lives.
- Make up your own!
Check our website regularly for more tips and ideas. tdsbCREATES posters will be sent to each school to support your school-based celebration. http://tinyurl.com/tdsbcreates
We know that many, many schools are already doing wonderfully creative projects. We want to know about these initiatives, and celebrate them. Send us photos or video and descriptions of your projects, so that we can profile your work on the tdsbCREATES website. You can post directly to the Arts Department Facebook page, or send them to tdsbCREATES@tdsb.on.ca.
Visit the Arts Department tdsbCREATES web site, like our Facebook page, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram:
For further information contact email@example.com, Program Coordinator, The Arts