Your PSI request will be screened based on ability to meet the eligibility criteria, space availability and the needs of the community.
- Preference will be given to community organizations offering free or subsidised programs.
- All organizations must have user liability insurance naming ‘Toronto District School Board’ as the additional insured and groups have the option of purchasing OSBIE insurance from TDSB at a reduced cost.
- Organizations are expected to abide by the TDSB code of conduct and mission statement.
- Organizations should commit to ensuring a safe school environment at all times.
- Organizations offering programs for children, youth and seniors should ensure that all program staff and volunteers complete a vulnerable sector screening reference check.
- Over 70% of participants in each program should be from within the community.
- Organizations should ensure adequate supervision (i.e. comparable staff to participant ratio).
- Organizations are encouraged to register and attend a user orientation session with the TDSB prior to using TDSB space.
- Please visit the TDSB community use of school facilities site for more information on the responsibilities of TDSB permit holders.