Secondary students will return to school in a quadmester format. By breaking the school year down into four blocks -- quadmesters -- students will concentrate on two subjects at a time. This helps reduce potential contact between students and supports health and safety protocols.
At the beginning of each quad students choose between:
- Adapted In-School Day Model (Smaller Class Size Cohorts)
- 100% Remote Learning
Students/parents must indicate their choice two weeks prior to the start of a quad. Switching during quads is not permitted.
TDSB e-Learning Day School Program will continue to be made available in Grades 11 and 12 (contact your school guidance counselor for more details.
- Quad 1: Sept. 17 - Nov. 17
- Quad 2: Nov. 23 - Feb. 2
- Quad 3: Feb. 8 - April 20 + Exams April 21, 22
- Quad 4: April 23 - June 23 + Exams June 24, 25, 28
Adapted In-School Day Model
Secondary students in the in-school model will be in school with their teacher every other day and will have live video conferencing (synchronous learning) with their teacher daily. Class sizes will be approximately 15 students.
All courses will use a Brightspace or Google Classroom learning platform. Students will be able to participate in whole class, small group and independent learning. The daily virtual 12:30-2:00 learning period may be used for:
- Support for Students with Special Needs, IEPs, ELLs, etc.
- Student Success Initiatives (RCR, caring adult meetings)
- Gap Closing -- Small Group Learning
- School-Wide or Small Group Wellness Initiatives
- Support for IB Program Requirements (Extended Essay, TOK, Internal Assessments)
- Meetings for Leadership Groups (e.g. Student Council, Athletic Council, etc.)
Learn more about requesting to be exempted from the minimum requirements of synchronous learning.