If you believe your address meets the eligibility criteria, you can apply for transportation for your child from the TDSB.
- Print and complete the application form.
- Deliver or bring a hard copy of your application to your school Principal.
- The Principal will give your application to the Transportation department who will review it for eligibility.
- If your child is approved, you will receive a call either from the bus company or the school who will let you know when your child’s transportation will begin, where their stop is and the time of their pick up and drop off.
- If your child is not approved, you will be notified by the school explaining why your child is not eligible.
- If your child is not approved, you may choose to appeal the decision by writing an appeal.
- If your appeal is denied, you will receive a written letter from the Transportation department indicating why.
- Your appeal may be escalated to an Appeal Committee where a final decision is made.
Applications can be submitted any time during the year. Applications that are received between October and June can be processed quickly and, if eligible, your child can be on their bus within three business days.
Due to volume, applications received between June 28 and the end of September, take longer to process and students may experience a wait time for busing of up to 10 business days once their application is processed.
Continuation of Service
If your child is already taking TDSB transportation, you do not need to reapply each year unless you move homes or change schools, in which case you must submit a new application.