Focus on Youth Toronto (FOYT) offers a summer student employment program. Student employees are placed with a community program and paid by the TDSB. For many of our students this is their first opportunity to gain valuable work experience and to learn how to become responsible employees. On-site supervision and support is required. Community agencies can apply to host summer students through the online application form at the bottom of this page.
2017 FOYT Student Employee Placement Criteria
- Agencies must provide a supportive work environment with on-site supervision.
- Students cannot be given managerial responsibilities for summer programs.
- Students require 6 weeks of employment from July 4 to August 11.
- Students require 35 hours each week of meaningful employment.
- Students are hired and paid by the TDSB.
- Agency supervisors are required to submit weekly timesheets.
- Agency supervisors are required to maintain program statistics for FOYT.
- Agency supervisors are required to update FOYT staff on student progress.
- Agency supervisors are required to provide FOYT staff with a 6 week program schedule including dates and locations of excursions.
- Agency supervisors are required to attend an FOYT orientation session.
Key Dates 2017
||Applications open to request summer FOYT student employees
||Applications close to request summer FOYT student employees
|Week of June 5
||Agencies to be informed of student placements.
||FOYT Student Training
||FOYT Agency Orientation
||Start of FOYT
||End of FOYT