Learn theories and methods for teaching English as a Second Language. Our program provides new approaches and practical activities designed to build your confidence and prepare you for the classroom. Our Teaching English as a Second Language program is a TESL Ontario certified training program.
This year’s program runs from September 27, 2016 to June 1, 2017.
In this program you will:
- Prepare for a new career in teaching adults English as a Second Language;
- Enhance your career opportunities;
- Learn to implement teaching methods tailored for English language learners
- Develop teaching strategies to help students gain proficiency in speaking, reading, writing, listening and pronunciation;
- Increase your understanding of pedagogical issues;
- Explore theoretical approaches in an ESL context;
- Improve your command of English in all areas including reading, writing, speaking, listening and pronunciation.
TDSB TESL Frequently Asked Questions
Please note that practicum hours are separate from classroom hours. Practicums are developed to best accommodate each student’s schedule.
Apply to teach ESL
When a job becomes available the position is posted at TDSB head offices and school sites. ESL or LINC instructors already holding a TDSB teaching assignment are interviewed first. If there are no applicants from this group, instructors from the adult ESL/LINC supply list are interviewed. If there are no applicants from this group, applications from outside of the TDSB will be considered. To apply to be on the Adult ESL or LINC supply list, please look for ads on "Workopolis" or www.teslontario.ca.
TESL Registration Form 2016 -17