Include full payment with your registration. Fees paid by cheque (certified or personal) or money order should be made payable to the ‘Toronto District School Board’ and dated at the time of registration. Post-dated cheques will not be accepted. There is an NSF cheque charge of $15.00. Fees paid by credit card (VISA or MasterCard) must include the credit card’s expiry date. Internet registration accepts credit card transactions only. Cash is accepted in person only at the Continuing Education Office at 2 Trethewey Drive, 3rd floor.
A GAINS certificate or Social Assistance Receipt is required to qualify for the reduced rate of $10 per course. A copy must be submitted with the application form to support this request. This reduced rate applies to course fees only and is limited to one course per term. Material costs or specialized fees are payable in full.
Seniors receive a 40% discount on course fees. Material costs or specialized fees are payable in full to the instructor. Please note, effective January 1, 2016, the age of eligibility for the senior's discount rate is 64. HST included in the fees.
For your convenience, we will be collecting material fees centrally at time of registration. No discounts apply. We make every effort to publish these amounts when known at the time of publication. In some courses that require the use of specialty rooms and shops, a portion of the fee may go to the school for use of supplies and equipment.
If you require a physical accommodation, are using a wheelchair and/or are accompanied by a support person, advanced notice is necessary so that arrangements can be made to ensure a safe, modified program is available to you. Please contact the Continuing Education office at 416-338-4111 to obtain an accommodation form. All registrations are processed on a first-come, first-served basis and may be subject to space restrictions.
Withdrawals, Refunds and Credits
- A minimum number of registrants is required for a class to be opened.
- If a course does not meet the enrolment minimum, and is therefore cancelled, every effort will be made to accommodate you in another course. If there is no other course that is satisfactory to you, you will receive a full refund.
For All courses:
- A $15 administrative fee will be applied to all refund requests unless otherwise stated. This administrative fee will be waived if you accept a credit on your TDSB Community Programs Account.
- Fees paid by cheque or cash will be refunded by cheque after Continuing Education staff acknowledges clearance of the cheque. Allow 3-6 weeks. Fees paid by credit card will be refunded to the credit card.
For courses under five weeks in duration:
- TDSB will provide a full refund if we cancel a course or if we receive your request for withdrawal in writing or email before the first class. (No administrative fee is charged).
For courses five weeks or longer:
- A refund will be issued if we receive your refund request in writing or email before the first class. No refunds or credits will be considered after the first class.
For Subsidized $10 Course:
- A refund will be issued if we receive your refund request in writing or email before the second class.
- A pro-rated refund will be issued if we receive your request for refund in writing or mail after the second class, but before the third class of the course.
- No refunds or credits will be considered after the third class of a course.
- There are no refunds.
- A credit will be issued if the TDSB cancels a course.