Summer Sounds is a great place for your child to make some lasting memories while learning more about music with new friends. In 3 weeks students can play: - a band or string instrument, guitar, keyboard and sing in a choir - in a concert band or string orchestra, a jazz, woodwind, percussion, brass or guitar ensemble - a second instrument or use GarageBand to create compositions, learn to drum and play the keyboard.
Through music, students develop social skills, self-discipline, patience and self-esteem. When the students have completed the three week camp, they will be better musicians and they will have taken away lasting memories and meaningful friendships. Registration: Summer Sounds is open to any student who is currently in Grades 4-9. Register early as spaces are limited to the first 100 students and classes are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
Each student needs a band or string instrument for the homeroom class. You have a few options to fulfill this requirement:
a) bring your own instrument from home; or
b) borrow an instrument from your school; or
c) borrow an instrument from Summer Sounds for an additional $15 which will be collected on the second day of camp.
Percussion instruments and instruments for the other classes (Guitar, Drumming,Keyboard, GarageBand, Second Instrument class) will be supplied by Summer Sounds.
For more information, contact Hugh Corbett:
416.395.3090 ext 20085 Hugh.firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates & Price
Monday - Friday 9am - 3pm
July 4 - July 22
Ways to Register
- Register online - pay with VISA or MasterCard.
- Mail completed application form along with full payment using VISA, MasterCard, cheque or Money Order made out to the ‘Toronto District School Board’ to:
Continuing and International Education, 2 Trethewey Drive, 3rd floor, Toronto, ON M6M 4A8
- Call 416-338-4111 with your VISA or MasterCard handy.
- Come to the Continuing and International Education Office at 2 Trethewey Drive, 3rd floor in Toronto.
- FAX completed application form to 416-394-3877. Remember to include your VISA or Mastercard information including expiry date.