DownTown Summer Strings benefits students who have at least one year experience playing the violin, viola, cello or double bass. Instructors will provide master classes, coach small ensembles and conduct a string orchestra. DownTown Summer Strings concludes with a concert open to the public. It is open to all students in Grades 3-8 and enrolls a maximum of 80.
Register early to guarantee your spot! There is a $10 material fee per session to be paid to the instructor on the first day. Instruments are not provided. Students should consult with their school's string instructor/teacher to borrow an instrument for the summer. Please indicate which instrument(s) you play on the registration form.
Walk-in registrations are welcome starting the first day of camp!
For more information, contact:
Ian Guenther at firstname.lastname@example.org or
Rebecca Kurtis - Pomeroy at Rebecca.email@example.com
Dates & Price
Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 12 pm
July 18 - July 29
Ways to Register
- Register online - pay with VISA or MasterCard
- Mail completed application form along with full payment using VISA, MasterCard, cheque or Money Order made out to the ‘Toronto District School Board’ to:
Continuing and International Education, 2 Trethewey Drive, 3rd floor, Toronto, ON M6M 4A8
- Call 416-338-4111 with your VISA or MasterCard handy.
- Come to the Continuing and International Education Office at 2 Trethewey Drive, 3rd floor in Toronto.
- FAX completed application form to 416-394-3877. Remember to include your VISA or Mastercard information including expiry date.