The Toronto District School Board is an ambitious, confident and caring school board that serves
approximately 249,000 students at nearly 600 school sites each and every day. We couldn’t be
more proud of our students’ academic achievement and well-being this year.
Following a year of hard work and dedication, I am proud of the accomplishments we have made as part of the
Years of Action 2013-2017 plan. In November 2013, we introduced 36 goals and we were able to make important
gains this year as most of our key initiatives for 2014 were implemented. These were impressive targets and
without the ongoing dedication of staff, our goals would not have been realized.
In 2014 we have achieved:
- The development of a comprehensive K-12 Mathematics Strategy to improve learning and achievement;
- The complete preparation and implementation of Full Day Kindergarten at 402 sites across the TDSB; and,
- The successful roll out of a new TDSB brand standard that included the launch of social media tools and a
Although we have had a successful year in our schools and communities, we still have some work to do. In the
coming year, we are focusing on:
- A full Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) Strategy implementation throughout the system;
- Rolling out a staff leadership and learning strategy where talent growth and professional development
opportunities are provided; and,
- Enhancing Aboriginal Education for all students and staff.
As we continue to look forward, we will work every day to ensure that our students remain the top priority of all
that we do. I am confident that the TDSB has the best team of dedicated and expert staff, Trustees and community
members to make these important gains.
Director of Education
See the whole 2014 Annual Report